Vision and Learning
- All About Vision and Learning Browse through this large collection of articles by the PTA, School Nurse News, Web MD, professors, eye doctors, and more…
- About Success in School with Vision Therapy Read stories written by students, parents and teachers about improved grades, reading, spelling, math, handwriting, and more.
- Attention Deficit Disorder and Vision Is it really ADD/ADHD? Or is it an undetected vision problem?
- Convergence Insufficiency and Reading Problems This article by an eye doctor explains how and why convergence insufficiency causes problems with reading and learning. See the illustrations!
- Dyslexia and Vision The American Academy of Optometrists and the American Optometric Organization discuss vision, learning-related vision problems, and dyslexia.
- Tracking Problems and Reading Difficulties Article by an eye doctor explains how and why tracking problems interfere with reading skills. See the illustrations!
- Vision Therapy and LDs As part of an interview, an eye doctor discusses whether Vision Therapy helps learning disabilities or learning-related vision problems.
Binocular Vision Impairments
- Lazy Eye, Crossed-Eyes, Double Vision, Strabismus, etc. An expert on strabismus covers the most frequently asked questions about eye turns and so much more! This is probably the most comprehensive web site on the subject on the entire internet.
- What is Lazy Eye or Amblyopia? Lazy eye is not the same as strabismus (a crossed eye or an eye turn). Read this very easy-to-understand explanation.
- Children’s Vision A large web site with many pages of easy-to-understand information on lazy eye, crossed-eyes, strabismus, developmental delays, eye muscle surgery, dyslexia, binocular vision impairments, and much more.
- Eye Muscle Surgery Answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding eye muscle surgery as a treatment for lazy eye, crossed eyes, etc. This type of surgery is frequently done, but often does not give satisfactory results.
3D Stereo Vision
- 3D Vision (Binocular Vision) How does it work? Why do we need it?
- Eye Doctors and 3D Vision Eye doctors use stereoscopic 3D images to develop and reinforce 3D vision.
- The Stereo Vision Project What is stereo vision? What is a binocular (two-eyed) vision impairment?
- vision3d.com Learn to see in 3D! Visit the 3D Art Gallery and view Magic Eye stereograms, stereo photographs, optical illusions, and much more.
- Optometrists Network A national network of optometrists.
- COVD — The College of Optometrists in Vision Development An international professional organization which grants board certification in Vision Therapy to optometrists.
- AOA — The American Optometric Association Organization of 32,000 optometrists.
- OEP — Optometric Extension Program Foundation Serving the educational needs of optometrists.
- NORA — Neuro Optometric Rehabilitation Association International, Inc. An organization which provides direction for the visual rehabilitation of persons who have physical disabilities and/or traumatic brain injuries (TBI).